Effective Stakeholder Engagement in Complex Projects
*A minimum of number of 12 participants applies.
Skilled complex project leaders who can develop a more meaningful relationship with stakeholders are needed to successfully deliver complex projects and projects being delivered in complex environments. The practice of interacting with stakeholders around projects needs to expand from a focus on stakeholder management – and a view of stakeholders simply as entities to be ‘communicated with’, ‘changed’ or ‘managed’ – to a focus on genuine stakeholder engagement. Here stakeholders are acknowledged as entities with legitimate interests and rights that require authentic engagement and co-creation so that the project creates optimal value for all stakeholders.
“Effective Stakeholder Engagement in Complex Projects gets to the heart of why and how effective communication, collaboration, culture and stakeholder engagement are critical to the success of complex projects. The practical tools and concepts discussed are informative, as is the opportunity to hear from other project managers on their experience in dealing with complex project environments.
– Course participant 2020
Participants do not have to be project managers to benefit from this course. It is intended for any organisational roles that contributes to successful project delivery.
3 x 4hrs online. Times can be negotiated for in-house delivery.
2021 Delivery Schedule:
- 2 – 4 March 2021 (Virtual)
- 11 – 13 May 2021 (Virtual)
- 17 – 18 August 2021 (Face-to-face – location TBD)
- 7 – 9 September 2021 (Virtual)
- 25 – 26 October 2021 (Face-to-face – location TBD)
- 16 – 18 November 2021 (Virtual)
- Understand the importance of stakeholder engagement for complex project success
- Understand how stakeholder engagement is different in complex project
- Understand how to identify and work effectively with different stakeholders to manage the complexity in the project
- Understand how to minimise the complexity introduced into a project due to poor stakeholder engagement
- Develop stakeholder communication and engagement skills and strategies for complex environments
Learning Area 1: The Importance of Stakeholder Engagement in Complex Projects
Learning Area 2: Communication
Learning Area 3: Initiating Project Collaboration
Learning Area 4: Navigating Socio-Cultural Complexity
Learning Area 5: Effective Stakeholder Engagement
Learning Area 6: Managing conflict for Improved Performance
Learning Area 7: Bringing it All Together
- Ability to apply concepts to current projects for in-house courses;
- Experienced facilitator;
- Participant workbook and course slides;
- Certificate of attendance and course seal
Discounts available for ICCPM Corporate Partners, Organisation Members and Individual Members.
The following prices reflect in-house and online delivery. For in-house courses, the venue and catering are to be organised by the client.
- ICCPM Platinum Partner (incl. GST): $1,229.80 AUD
- ICCPM Gold Partner (incl. GST): $1,251.80 AUD
- ICCPM Silver Partner (incl. GST): $1,273.80 AUD
- ICCPM Organisational Member (incl. GST): $1,295.80 AUD
- ICCPM Academic Partner (incl. GST): $1,295.80 AUD
- ICCPM Individual Member (incl. GST): $1,317.80 AUD
- Non-ICCPM Member (incl. GST): $1,383.80 AUD
ICCPM is committed to fair and transparent application of fees and charges as well as the processing of refunds where applicable. Carefully read our ICCPM for detailed information pertaining to course refunds.
Expression of Interest
A is available to express interest for any of our courses. We will contact you when the next course is ready to be announced.