Certificate IV in
Responding to Organisational Complexity
What is the ICCPM Certificate IV qualification?
Developed and offered exclusively by ICCPM the Certificate IV in Responding to Organisational Complexity, is a highly interactive course exploring the impacts of our evolving and interconnected world and its effects on the management and leadership of projects and programs. This is not a course in project management methodology but rather a course in complexity, designed to make project managers think differently about project management in complex environments. The course has been developed using the latest research in complexity and project management studies, with a strong focus on practitioner application of concepts learnt to real-world situations.
You may be able to receive support to undertake this training through the Centre for Defence Industry Capability. ICCPM training qualifies for CPD points from AIPM and Engineers Australia. Our Certificate IV is an AIPM Endorsed Course.
Where is it offered?
ICCPM offers the Certificate IV in the following Australian locations: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin. Please refer to the training calendar or contact the ICCPM training team to discuss your training needs.
Who should enrol?
This is a qualification that builds on the existing knowledge and experience of people in mid-to senior levels and with an understanding of project management methodology, philosophies, and frameworks such as PRINCE II, PMBOK, AGILE, LEAN Six Sigma, MSP, P3M3 etc.
On successful completion of the training and assessment tasks students will receive an Australian Quality Framework (AQF) qualification for 10195NAT Certificate IV in Responding to Organisational Complexity.
ICCPM is licensed as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO number 41394) under the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), which is an Australian government statutory body regulating nationally recognised training. This course is accredited by ASQA and is a nationally recognised qualification in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Sector.
- Have the skills to optimise your projects ability to respond to change in our 21st century environment.
- Use your up-skillling to open transition opportunities between roles and organisations.
- Build your professional status with demonstrated ability to manage complex situations and facilitate conditions for high complex project delivery performance.
- Become a truly effective leader – embark on a leadership journey to learn about yourself and others in your team.
- Be the driver for success – Help reduce project costs and increase your organisations project success rates.
- Achievement – Students who complete the Certificate IV in Organisational Complexity receive a Nationally recognised qualification (10195NAT). ICCPM is a Registered Training Organisaion (RTO #41394) with the Australian Skills Qualifications Authority (ASQA) under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
- Assurance of Industry best practice standards – Our programme has been mapped against the Complex Project Manager Competency Standards version 4.1 (August 2012), giving you the leading edge in your knowledge development.
- An AIPM Endorsed Course – The extra peace of mind your qualification is valued by the profession and the next gold star to add to your resume! RegPM’s with AIPM earn 40 CPD points on completion!
- Complimentary Membership – Receive a complimentary 12 month ICCPM Individual Membership on enrollment into the Certificate IV. This will give you access to member only tools and resources and discounted member rates for ICCPM events and sponsored events to aid your learning and give you ample networking opportunities with other project professionals.
“I needed new ideas to apply in my workplace & this training gave me the insight into appropriate techniques. Non-scientific, non-reductionist approaches are a blind spot at working level – this problem is exposed by this training.”
“Learning from other’s experiences and thinking about how the course topics related to my workplace were the best aspects of this training. The course is well developed and information presented is of a high quality – I would strongly recommend this course to others.”
“It seems like all the projects I’ve worked in lately have been incredibly complex, and existing project and change management approaches do not provide sufficient tools to effectively manage those layers of complexity. When I learned about ICCPM’s Cert IV, I enrolled immediately. Now that I have completed the course, I recommend it highly. The tools we were introduced to were excellent and could be readily applied in real-world situations. The three short courses were well presented, well-paced and interesting, and there was just the right amount of assessment to ensure we understood the topics. I am much better prepared to manage the varied – and inevitable – risk and leadership challenges in complex project environments.”
“The course provided me with valuable opportunity to learn various new tools to break down the topics and expose a different way of thinking about risk, great to achieve an informed position to aid decision making.”
“An interactive session that provided great group discussion and excellent examples from real-world experience.”
“I feel better prepared to bring this knowledge to the business and improve my current project. The practical application of the tools, hands on exercises and group exercises were a great way to apply practical application of theory to real-time workplace projects.”
“I didn’t have any knowledge of complexity or directly understand its impact in project management prior to undertaking this course. The facilitator’s ability to disseminate knowledge, engage the class and share experiences was great, training material provided was very useful and the practical application of course content to the workplace have greatly developed my skills and knowledge in this area. A very enjoyable course – thank you!”
“ICCPM’s Cert Iv course has helped me understand complexity and its effect on our project environments. A useful mix of education tools and resources to support my learning and various types of engagement (video, activities, group discussion) was very helpful in transplanting theory into practice.”
|Course Components||Units of Competency Assessed|
|Complexity in Project Management
(3 day workshop)
Identify and respond to complexity in project environments
|Risk and Decision Making in Complex Environments
(2 day workshop)
Apply decision-making concepts and tools in complex environments
Apply risk management principles and tools in complex environments
|Lead through Complexity
(2 day workshop)
Lead through organisational complexity
Take the next step in your career!
Request an enrolment form and start your journey.
Questions about the Cert IV?
Speak to our training and development specialists.