The second unit of ICCPM’s Certificate IV in Responding to Organisational Complexity. You cannot enrol in this unit unless you have completed the Respond to Complexity in Project Environments unit.
When: 1 – 2 April 2019
Registrations close: 4 April 2019*
Where: Cliftons Training Facilities, 1/440 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
When: 08:15am – 05:00pm
*Please contact us if you wish to enrol in this course and registrations have closed. ICCPM may be able to accommodate your request to enrol subject to availability.
This course is subject to a minimum viable number of registrations. ICCPM reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if required numbers are not met.
This workshop is focused on how to enable effective decisions when faced by complexity and uncertainty. It provides processes for support to decision making in general and tools for understanding and responding to threats and opportunities (risks). It also explores how to gain insight into complex situations using a systems perspective.
The Respond to Complexity in Project Environments unit is a pre-requisite to this unit. It provides a broad introductory understanding of complexity and is a start point for exploring concepts and principles of decision making in complexity.
The aim of this workshop is to provide students with useful concepts and practical tools for supporting effective decisions in complex, uncertain situations.
On successful completion of this workshop, students will be able to:
- Define risk context
- Source and collect risk data
- Analyse identified risk
- Respond to identified risks
- Analyse complexities present in decision-making environment
- Decide on a decision support model
- Gather and analyse data required to inform decision making
- Evaluate options and select outcome
- Contribute to building organisational decision making capacity and capacity to manage risk
Who is this unit for?
This is a qualification that builds on the existing knowledge and experience of people in mid-to senior levels and with an understanding of project management methodology, philosophies, and frameworks such as PRINCE II, PMBOK, AGILE, LEAN Six Sigma, MSP, P3M3 etc.
You must have completed the pre-requisite unit Respond to Complexity in Project Environments to be successful in your enrolment application.
Manage Risk and Decision Making in Complex Environments is delivered over 2 days, with the flexibility to submit the final assessment within 12 months of attending this workshop.
Delivery Method and Structure:
ICCPM offers the is unit as part of the Certificate IV in the following Australian locations
(as available): Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin.
We use purpose built training venues, located in each capital centre to facilitate face-to-face course delivery, and also includes self-paced study, through which students apply approaches taught in the course to workplace projects and assessments. For more information on assessment methods please refer to the Student Information Handbook.
ICCPM has carefully structured its assessments to include a variety of styles to cater for the learner needs of a broad range of students. Each of the following assessments must be completed for each unit of the Certificate IV in Responding to Organisational Complexity:
- Observation report – Completed by facilitator
- Student Activities Workbook – Completed by student for assessor to mark competent / not yet competent
- Student quiz – Completed by Student for assessor to mark competent / not yet competent
- Workplace Project – Completed by student for assessor to mark competent / not yet competent
On successful completion of the training and assessment tasks, students will receive an AQF qualification for 10195NAT Certificate IV in Responding to Organisational Complexity.
- Fully catered workshops;
- Face-to-face unit delivery with experienced facilitators;
- Ongoing learner support;
- Access to ICCPM’s online student forum;
- Study guides;
- Course resources;
- Complimentary 12 month ICCPM Membership subscription;
- Award Certificate of Attendance.
Manage Risk and Decision Making in Complex Environments $1,475*pp
(to be completed prior to attendance on the other
units in the Certificate IV in Responding to Organisational Complexity)
# Corporate Partner and/or Individual Member discounts are available.
- ICCPM Platinum Partner (incl. GST): $1,345 AUD
- ICCPM Gold Partner (incl. GST): $1,375 AUD
- ICCPM Silver Partner (incl. GST): $1,045 AUD
- ICCPM Organisational Member (incl. GST): $1,430 AUD
- ICCPM Academic Partner (incl. GST): $1,430 AUD
- ICCPM Individual Member (incl. GST):$1,445 AUD
- Non-ICCPM Member (incl. GST):$1,475 AUD
* The total cost to complete the Certificate IV in Responding to Organisational Complexity (all 4 units) is $5,450#pp. Contact us for more information and terms and conditions. Price is per person and is GST free.
ICCPM is committed to fair and transparent application of fees and charges as well as the processing of refunds where applicable. Carefully our ICCPM refund policy for detailed information pertaining to course refunds.
The ICCPM is a Registered Training Organisations (RTO #41394) in Australia with the Australian Skills Qualifications Authority (ASQA) under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Students who complete the Certificate IV in Organisational Complexity receive a Nationally recognised qualification (10195NAT).