Date: 09 May 2019
Registrations Close: 04 April 2019*
Location: 60 Margaret St, Sydney NSW 2000
* Please contact us if you wish to enrol in this course and registrations have closed. ICCPM may be able to accommodate your request to enrol subject to availability.
This course is subject to a minimum viable number of registrations. ICCPM reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if required numbers are not met.
This workshop addresses the problems in your organisation that just don’t seem to go away. It introduces Polarity Mapping as a way to understand the sometimes hidden forces of opposing values (interdependent pairs) at work in organisations and people. You will learn how to surface these forces, map them graphically with a tool called the Polarity Map, and how to manage them. Polarity Management helps leaders and their organisations reach their goals more efficiently and sustainably.
Leaders, managers, and supervisors dealing with complexity and seemingly intractable issues; also appropriate for individual contributors in knowledge roles.*
Limited places available!
Discounts available for ICCPM Members and Partner Employee Members.
Partner Employee Members:Please contact your ICCPM Relationship Manager or contact us to find out who your Relationship Manager is.
Examples of the Problem
Should we centralise or decentralise? Should we be tightly hierarchical or loosely managed? Often, leaders view these issues as problems to solve and decisions to be made, when, in reality, they are polarities to manage. In fact, organisations often go back and forth, exhausting employees and wasting resources when they should be managing these tensions as ongoing polarities rather than as problems to solve.
In this workshop you will learn to:
- Recognise how value of interdependent pairs in organisations and individuals come in polarity.
- Approach intractable problems as polarities to manage rather than problems to solve.
- Identify particular polarities that need to be managed in your organisation.
- Use the Polarity Map as a way to visualise and diagnose current reality
- Identify early warnings and action steps that can be managed through the Polarity Map
- Gain practice in using Polarity Thinking and the Polarity Map Graphic.
- Fully Catered Workshops
- Face-to-Face course delivery with experienced facilitators
- Participant workbooks
- Certificate of attendance
Total cost for the 1 day workshop:
- ICCPM Platinum Partner (incl. GST): $691.90 AUD
- ICCPM Gold Partner (incl. GST): $702.90 AUD
- ICCPM Silver Partner (incl. GST): $713.90 AUD
- ICCPM Organisational Member (incl. GST): $724.90 AUD
- ICCPM Academic Partner (incl. GST): $724.90 AUD
- ICCPM Individual Member (incl .GST):$735.90 AUD
- Non-ICCPM Member (incl. GST):$768.90 AUD
ICCPM is committed to fair and transparent application of fees and charges as well as the processing of refunds where applicable. Carefully our ICCPM refund policy for detailed information pertaining to course refunds.