Date:06 – 07 August 2019
Registrations Close: 16 July 2019*
Location: Cliftons Training Facilities, 10 Moore St, Canberra ACT 2600
*Please contact us if you wish to enrol in this course and registrations have closed. ICCPM may be able to accommodate your request to enrol subject to availability.
This course is subject to a minimum viable number of registrations. ICCPM reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if required numbers are not met.
It has been universally recognised that complex projects require extensive collaboration between all parties to realise success. The act of developing contracts for complex projects has in and of itself the capacity to influence the nature of the relationship that develops between the parties to the project.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with useful concepts and practical tools for making effective decisions in complex, uncertain situations. This includes crafting and implementing acquisition and sustainment strategies, contract negotiations and contract management. You will be provided with new ways to look at and respond to risk management, and enhance your understanding of how taking systems thinking approaches to managing contracts will help you to decide what best to do and why, in all aspects of life not just in specific work situations.
This course is for non-contracting professionals in complex projects/programs, who would benefit from a working understanding of contracting principles.
Limited places available!
Partner Employee Members: Please contact your ICCPM Relationship Manager or contact us to find out who your Relationship Manager is.
In this course you will learn to:
- Describe the main forms of legal constraints (legislation and common law);
- Describe the basics of contract law, applicable tendering law, indemnities and limitation of liability;
- Understand the unique features of complex programs and how they create unique legal risks;
- Understand how the law influences risk allocation in complex projects;
- Understand the main procurement methods, benefits and risks of multi-stage procurement options, and examine how they deal with risk – reviewing risk transfer strategies such as insurance, guarantees, and bonds;
- Describe how transition risks between acquisition and sustainment can be managed;
- Understand multi-party and multiple contract risks and opportunities;
- Understand how to deal with disputes and issues whilst preserving relationships and negotiation strategies in the context of complex projects;
- Apply principles for effective change management in contracts;
- Apply best practice in source selection processes and selecting performance measures in Performance Based Contracts.
- Face-to-Face course delivery with experienced facilitators;
- Participant workbooks;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Fully Catered.
Total cost per person for the 2 day workshop:
- ICCPM Platinum Partner Employee (incl. GST): $1383.80 AUD
- ICCPM Gold Partner Employee (incl. GST): $1405.80 AUD
- ICCPM Silver Partner Employee (incl. GST): $1427.8 AUD
- ICCPM Organisational Member Employee (incl. GST): $1449.80 AUD
- ICCPM Academic Partner Student or Employee (incl. GST): $1449.80 AUD
- ICCPM Individual Member (incl .GST):$1471.8 AUD
- Non-ICCPM Member (incl. GST):$1537.80 AUD
NB: ICCPM Individual members must be logged in to the ICCPM website for automatic discounts to apply.
ICCPM is committed to fair and transparent application of fees and charges as well as the processing of refunds where applicable. Carefully read our ICCPM refund policy for detailed information pertaining to course refunds.
The ICCPM is a Registered Training Organisations (RTO #41394) in Australia with the Australian Skills Qualifications Authority (ASQA) under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Students who complete the Certificate IV in Organisational Complexity receive a Nationally recognised qualification (10195NAT).