ROUNDTABLE ONLINE WORKSHOP FORMAT
This is an online video conference facilitated by ICCPM. Key insights are recorded but contributions are de-identified to encourage frank contributions.
Workshops bring together senior project professionals and academics from across sectors to explore the theme using focus questions. ICCPM Members are encouraged to participate in Roundtable workshops.
All participants are strongly encouraged to have read the Discussion Paper prior to the event.
POSSIBLE AREAS OF INVESTIGATION WITHIN THE THEME
The scheduled face to face workshops seeks to explore the theme of Harnessing Emergence in Complex Projects: Risk, Uncertainty and Opportunity more generally. Further formulation and refinement of workshop questions will be negotiated with participants. Indicative areas of investigation are given below:
- What are the impacts of the emergent characteristics on complex projects and how can we respond to ensure value is created and benefits are realised?
- What does systemic risk management in the context of emergence look like and what might we have to do differently?
- What needs to be done differently to realise opportunity in emergence?
- How do we deal with uncertainty and emergence during a complex project bid process and after contract phase?
- What is the role of the governance function in emergent situations and what should governance boards /committees be doing differently?
- What is the role of diversity and or culture, if any, in harnessing the effects of emergence?
- How do we manage conventional project controls such as scope, time, and cost in the context of emergence?
- Can technology help to ‘watch’ for all identified risks and uncertainties in the context of emergence? If so, what data, information, validation and methodology is relevant and appropriate?