WHAT DOES A PROJECT MANAGER OF THE FUTURE LOOK LIKE?
What: Breakfast Panel Discussion
When: 28th March 2019
Time: 07:15am (registrations) – 10:00am
Where: EAST Hotel, 69 Canberra Ave, Kingston ACT 2604
Registrations close: 14 March 2019 or until sold out.
Limited to 60 places, get in quick!
The future success of an organisation relies on the ability to manage a diverse body of talent that can bring innovative ideas, perspectives and views to their work. The challenge and problems created by workplace diversity can be turned into a strategic organisational asset if an organisation is able to capitalise on this melting pot of diverse talents.
Dr Steve Rogers
CEO, Centre for Appropriate Technology Ltd
ACT Woman of the Year, Former Director, Future 21: Young Australians in International Affairs
First Assistant Secretary, Program Performance, Australian Department of Defence (CASG)
Dr John Bensley
Academic Director, QUT Canberra & Innovation, QUT Graduate School of Business
National Manager, Online Services, CIO Group, Department of Human Services
Diversity, equality and inclusion have been hot topics in organisations for years and increasingly take the spotlight in corporate discussion. There are countless professional reports, academic research papers, and organisational case studies which have sited the value in diversity, including improved financial performance, greater innovation, greater market share and improved organisational culture. However, it seems to be that when organisations talk about diversity and inclusion, it is often focused on strategies to increase diversity rather than building an inclusive environment.
Inclusion – not just diversity – is critical if organisations strive to benefit from diversity. Embracing and embedding inclusion within organisations, projects and programs needs to permeate everyday practice; And Project Managers are at the forefront of this change.
As the global economy becomes more project-oriented there’s a lot more awareness and recognition of project management as the connector between strategy, action and successful implementation of organisational initiatives . Expected to manage teams of individuals with diverse skills, ages, values/beliefs, traditions, ethnic backgrounds, personalities, and across disbursed locations, today’s project managers play a pivotal role in championing, implementing and maintaining inclusive cultures within project teams. Creating an environment for diversity to flourish creates high-performing teams, reducing time, effort and costs for projects, and directly contributing to successful outcomes for the organisation.
Come and join our ICCPM hosted Breakfast Panel Discussion in Canberra on the 28th of March where our panellists will sharing their experiences and perspectives from different industries and positions on managing and leveraging diverse talents.
- Traci-Ann Byrnes – First Assistant Secretary, Program Performance, Australian Department of Defence, Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group;
- Ashleigh Streeter-Jones – ACT Woman of the Year, Director, Future 21: Young Australians in International Affairs;
- Megan Bunfield – National Manager, Online Services, CIO Group, Department of Human Services;
- Dr Steve Rogers – CEO, Centre for Appropriate Technology Ltd;
- Dr. John Bensley – Academic Director, QUT Canberra & Learning Innovation, QUT Graduate School of Business.
Open for discussion:
- How diversity and inclusion are important in effectively responding to current challenges facing different sectors;
- Leadership skills to achieve diversity and inclusion excellence;
- The significance of the project managers role in championing, implementing and maintaining inclusive workplace practices;
- How we measure success in the context of diversity and inclusion.
- Insights from experienced panellists
- Plated breakfast
- FREE underground parking at EAST Hotel*
- Extensive networking opportunities.
*subject to hotel availability
Member: $75 AUD (inc.GST)+
Corporate Partner Employee: $65 AUD (inc.GST)#
Non-member: $85AUD (inc.GST)
Book a table now! Buy 10 tickets and get 1 FREE!*
+ you must be logged into the ICCPM website to be automatically assigned the discounted member rate.
# please contact us if you are an employee of an ICCPM Corporate Partner to receive your unique discount code.
* please contact us for group bookings.