by ICCPM in association with Prendo
Date: 18 June, 2020
Time: 9:00am-5:00pm AEST
Registrations close: 14 June, 2020
Format: Online Simulation
(Virtual Teams of 3-4 people working in real time via video conference)
facilitated by Prendo Director Mr Guy Giffin
Price incl. GST:
$330.00 Partner Members
$352.00 Individual Members
*Please log in to use your member discount
MODERN LEARNING FOR ADVANCED PROJECT LEADERS
See how Prendo simulations deliver powerful learning
Put your complex project leadership skills to the test on a major project simulation without the real risks.
Effective project leaders are developed through practice and feedback. Pilots, medical specialists and astronauts use simulation to develop their skills and reduce the risk of failure under pressure. This is an exciting opportunity for project leaders, organised in competing teams, to manage and “live” a complex project in the safety of a virtual simulated environment. It enables participants to work on a project from start to finish; to make critical decisions and to see the impact of those decisions – all in a virtual team. The experience uses the construction of a football stadium but the lessons are relevant to complex projects in general. This includes making decisions, engaging with stakeholders, using effective communication skills and managing teams. Virtual teams compete to achieve the best project outcomes but the real opportunity is the chance to compare the decisions made by each of the teams.
Prendo’s Spatium simulation provides an intense, risk-free experience of managing a complex project. Developed with the Major Projects Association, the simulation provides an opportunity for project professionals to apply their complex project leadership skills.
Advanced Project Leadership
Managing Risk & Uncertainty
Complexity & Ambiguity
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Senior Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Business Strategists
- Project and Program Managers
- Change Leaders
- Project Team Members
- Define project success
- Develop an optimal contract strategy
- Analyse and manage risk
- Manage the early stages of a project
- Plan and control a complex project
- Manage stakeholder-driven trade-offs
- Manage and integrate multiple disciplines
- Make decisions in a complex environment
SPATIUM SIMULATION DEMO VIDEO
- Registration closes one week before the event to allow time for participants to be put in teams of 3-4 people.
- Teams will be allocated by ICCPM to connect people from different industries.
- One person in each team will be responsible for downloading the simulation software.
- The Online Simulation will be conducted using the Zoom Video Conferencing Platform
- All participants will participate in a joint briefing and debrief and teams will be placed in breakout rooms.
- One team member will run the simulation and share their screen with their teammates. No other software is required during the simulation
09:00am – Online workshop introductions and background
09:30am – Key principles of major project management
10:00am – Team practice run in breakout rooms
12:15pm – Simulation phase 1
01:15pm – Lunch
01:45pm – Simulation phase 2
04:00pm – Team debrief
04:15pm – Simulation results and debrief
04:45pm – Key Lessons
05:00pm – Log off
Prendo develops the world’s most advanced leadership simulations. In the modern world, leaders are facing new and increasingly complex challenges, and so they urgently need more effective learning methods. Prendo simulations are developed by a multi-disciplinary team, with expertise in management topics, learning science, software programming, algorithms & modeling, and interface design. They work with both thought leaders from the world’s leading business schools and industry practitioners.
SIMULATION PARTICIPATION FEE
Prices incl. GST
- Partner Members: $330.00
- Individual Members: $352.00
- Non-ICCPM Members: $374.00
ICCPM VIDEO CONFERENCING POLICY
ICCPM aims to support an online working environment that is easy to use, effective, respectful and safe. Our Video Conferencing Policy outlines the steps we take to achieve this and the obligations our Participants accept when they register for an event.
ICCPM currently uses Unique ID & password protected Zoom sessions for all Webinars and Online Workshops. We understand that many organisations use other platforms and we are happy for you to host an ICCPM Workshops on your preferred platform.
ICCPM REFUND POLICY
ICCPM is committed to fair and transparent application of fees and charges as well as the processing of refunds where applicable. Carefully read our ICCPM for detailed information pertaining to course refunds.